Wednesday 12 August 2009

Product rant and rave.

Rant.


Naked rescue intense care shampoo and conditioner.
















They say: 'Naked rescue uses naturally derived vitamin and plant extracts to give damaged hair that special swish factor*. We don't use harsh ingredients, just gentle plant based cleansing ingredients'

I say: Whilst going natural seems to be all the fashion right now (i.e bubblegarms fantastic natural skincare tips) it doesn't equate to much in this product. This stuff is very much just a shampoo. Yes it cleans my hair but it has done nothing to repair damage or soften. Luckily I got this stuff for buy 1 get one free at boots but at around £4.50 a pop I would never buy again. Final thoughts? Nice smell, great philosophy but no noticeable results and awful packaging.

Rave.


Tresemme colour thrive brunette

















They say: 'With cinnamon and cocoa bean extracts, removes adding mineral deposits to restore vibrancy and radiant shine. Your hair will stay vibrant and shiny wash and wash, so you can relax until your next colour appointment'

I say: I used this when I went to my boyfriends and somehow it has ended up on my bathroom shelf ever since! I have always trusted tresemme as a brand and whilst the marketing or packaging for these products may not be top notch they do deliver. This leaves my hair super shiny, conditioned and strong. As for colour, well the red in my hair has faded a lot, which I knew was going to happen, and I am thankful for, but the brown looks great. I'm not sure how much that is due to shampoo but I guess time will tell. Final thoughts? Inexpensive and worth every penny.

So have you used any of these products? If so what did you think of them?

Finally I am getting my hair cut tomorrow, I'm doing a lollipop (i.e having my hair cut to grow it as Laura has done). I'm going to a new hairdressers so hopefully all will turn out well! Eeee!

5 comments:

SianinSouthsea said...

OOOOOOOO I did not know Tresemme did shampoo for particular coloured hair. I <3 shampoo for brown hair.
Sounds good.
xxx

Glitterish Allsorts said...

I feel exactly the same about the Naked range (which I bought with the same discount lol)

I really liked the idea of a 97% organic and natural range but the shampoo left my hair feeling so dry and the conditioner was not moisturising enough.

I am a big fan of Tresemme. Their range really works for my hair and I recently got an email from them (which I'll post soon) about how they are cruelty free so now I can keep on purchasing! :)

~*Alice*~ said...

I wasnt impressed with the blonde version of tresemme which is a shame, as I am a fan of tresemme :(

Thanks for the good post

I also have a blog at:
http://aliceawayfromwonderland.blogspot.com/

keep up the good work

Alice xx

Muhsine Emin said...

ooo i used to use the naked shampoo and conditioner range, i actually quite liked it but didnt feel it was doing anything for my hair, im currently using a herbal essences one, smells nice but does nothing, never tried that range by tresseme, will chekc it out, one shampoo range that i do like is the john frieda brillian brunette range :) woo long comment :) xx

hamst3rf1sh said...

I'm outraged... not only do you nick my products, but then you review them brazenly for all to see. We are not amused :)

Note: If you use the shampoo by itself it dries out your hair no end, you always have to use the conditioner with it. that's the only real problem with Tresemme as far as I can tell.